Cats have evolved as carnivores that are designed to survive on a diet which is rich in varied fresh meats with smaller amounts of fruit, berries and grass. Orijen Cat & Kitten therefore contains unrivalled amounts of free range Cobb chicken and turkey, nest-laid eggs and wild northern walleye and Pacific herring. Not only are these ingredients all sourced locally but they are delivered fresh each day to provide goodness which completely nourishes your cat or kitten.
Orijen Cat & Kitten is an award-winning, low-glycemic and low-carbohydrate formula which also supports healthy blood sugars to provide peak health and optimum body weight in all ages of cats.
Why we love this product:
- Meat & Protein Rich - Made with 80% meat Orijen features a Biologically Appropriate protein level of 42% which closely replicates the natural feline diet
- Natural Source of Taurine - Orijen’s high ratios of fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich source of Taurine which is derived 100% naturally from fresh meats, without synthetic additives
- Rich in Animal Fat - Animal fats are essential for your cat’s peak health. That’s why Orijen features naturally occurring, non-rendered fats from fresh poultry, fish and eggs
- DHA & EPA from Fresh Fish - Fresh fish is a perfect source of DHA and EPA, essential for your cat’s immune and nervous systems and not available from plant source, such as flax, coconut or sunflower
- Low Glycemic - Your cat’s natural diet contains few, if any carbohydrates. That’s why Orijen is potato-free and contains less than half the carbohydrates found in conventional cat foods
- Gloucosamine & Chondroitin - Orijen’s fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, so no synthetic sources are added to Orijen cat foods.